Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simple Joys

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and everyone's making lists of things they're thankful for. However, I am completely original and creative, so my list will be of a meager amount of the simple joys of life.

  • The fact that they take your best ACT score, not your most recent like when my parents were in high school
  • Flirting
  • Scarves
  • That moment when your body slams down on the mattress and a huge sigh escapes
  • Pumpkin rolls
  • Boots
  • Having Utey home
  • Flirting
  • ChapStick
  • Driving in the snow
  • My daddy waking me up so the first thing I hear isn't an alarm
  • Street lamps on neighborhood corners
  • Chats after dinner with the fam (On Sunday my dad cried once and my mom thrice we were laughing so hard)
  • Flirting
  • Pinterest
  • The instant when you realize your hard work is paying off
  • Scriptures
  • Ponytails
  • Girls nights
  • The sound of the last textbook of the day closing
  • My super saggy couch in my room
  • Mint M&Ms
  • A clean room (much thanks to my mommy)
  • Spanish
  • Music
  • Flirting
  • Questions that roll around in your head for days and weeks, often going unanswered
  • Working out
  • LIFE

2 comments:

  1. I love this list Nekel. I think it is important to think "outside the box" of the little things that make your life blessed.
    My dad used to wake me up for school too. He would make up crazy lyrics to common songs to wake me up.
    -Lara (it looks like I have to use my google account to post this comment so please don't think my husband is stalking you. I have been meaning to get my own google account but have just been too lazy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nekel Knowlton just inspired me! hahaha Flirting is SO worthy of being thankful for. You're great.

    ReplyDelete